Is anyone among you suffering? He should pray. Is anyone in good spirits? He should sing praise.
Is anyone among you sick? He should summon the presbyters of the church, and they should pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord, and the prayer of faith will save the sick person, and the Lord will raise him up. If he has committed any sins, he will be forgiven.
The term “Ministry”, by its very nature, suggests that there are many ways by which our Church may be of service to you in your need. When your circumstances require, these may include:
- a visit (or regular visits) to your home with the sacraments;
- an occasional drop-in visit by a member of our church family;
- inclusion on our weekly list of the sick for whom we pray at Sunday Mass;
- cards and friendly letters from members of our parish;
- and other ways for you and us to keep in touch with each other.
If you wish to participate in this ministry of service in any fashion, or care to take advantage of this grace-filled service, please contact us at the rectory.