The Purpose of the PPC is to foster full participation of the entire parish in the life and mission of the parish and of the Universal Church.
The General Function of the PPC is to advise the Pastor in pastoral matters including
- developing a pastoral plan,
- recommending policies, procedures, and programs to assist in the implementation of the mission statement and the parish pastoral plan,
- reviewing and evaluating the effectiveness of existing programs, and
- serving as a connection to other parish ministries.
The PPC meets on the first Tuesday of every month at 7:00PM. The following are bullet points from the November 8th, 2022, meeting:
- An evening of fellowship and gratitude for our ministry heads is planned for Thursday, November 17 from 6:00-8:00 p.m. in the library.
- PPC members shared what stood out to them from the Synod listening session summaries.
o We need to continue listening to each other to build relationships.
o There are many cultures in our church and sharing the significance of those cultures helps us all grow.
o How do we welcome marginalized people including LGBTQ, divorced, and disabled?
o How do we respond to questions about our faith?
o It was mentioned that women are the secret superpower. We need not be secret anymore.
o Thanks to Pope Francis for motivating our participation and input on how to be a better church.
- The PPC will synthesize the data we have been collecting from surveys and listening sessions to enable its usefulness to our ministries.
If you have any questions or would like to make any suggestions, please feel free to contact the Parish Pastoral Council at firstname.lastname@example.org. Names and emails for individual members are listed on the website. There is now a bulletin board at the entrance to the church with pictures of PPC members. Feel free to contact any of us.
Meet the PPC Members that Serve Our Parish
|Evangelina (Anji) Johnson
||Ruhamah (R.T.) Mail
(Finance Council Liaison)
For additional information, please email: parishpastoralcouncil@
The Pastoral Council meets on the first Tuesday of each month at 7:00PM.