The Purpose of the Parish Pastoral Council is to foster full participation of the entire parish in the life and mission of the parish and of the Universal Church.
The General Function of the Pastoral Council is to advise the Pastor in pastoral matters including
- developing a pastoral plan,
- recommending policies, procedures, and programs to assist in the implementation of the mission statement and the parish pastoral plan,
- reviewing and evaluating the effectiveness of existing programs, and
- serving as a connection to other parish ministries.
The Pastoral Council meets on the first Tuesday of every month at 7:00PM. The following are bullet points from the March 7, 2023, meeting:
- Possible themes and action plans emanating from the synthesis of data from the Strategic Plan, Synod Sessions, Engagement Survey, and Neighborhood Survey were presented and discussed.
- The monthly Saturday Speaker Series is in the planning stages and will include topics on wills, estate planning, the environment, and dementia. Let Bill Faust know if you have ideas that may be of interest to the parish.
- The Lenten Listening sessions are scheduled for the weekend of March 25/26. The topic for reflection is hospitality. The question to reflect on ahead of time will be included in the bulletin.
- A vision/target goal for the PPC that keeps rising to the surface is the theme of engagement actionable on three levels: individual, familial, and larger community.
- The development and circulation of a central parish calendar is under discussion.
If you have any questions or would like to make any suggestions, please feel free to contact the Parish Pastoral Council at firstname.lastname@example.org. Names and emails for individual members are listed on the website. There is a bulletin board at the entrance to the church with pictures of PPC members. Feel free to contact any of us. There is also a suggestion/comment box for your use.
Meet the PPC Members that Serve Our Parish
|Evangelina (Anji) Johnson
||Ruhamah (R.T.) Mail
(Finance Council Liaison)
For additional information, please email: parishpastoralcouncil@
The Pastoral Council meets on the first Tuesday of each month at 7:00PM.