The purpose of the Parish Pastoral Council is to foster full participation of the entire parish in the life and mission of the parish and of the Universal Church.
The function of the Pastoral Council is to advise the Pastor in pastoral matters including
- developing a pastoral plan,
- recommending policies, procedures, and programs to assist in the implementation of the mission statement and the parish pastoral plan,
- reviewing and evaluating the effectiveness of existing programs, and
- serving as a connection to other parish ministries.
The Pastoral Council meets on the first Tuesday of every month at 7:00PM. The following are bullet points from the September 5, 2023, meeting:
- PPC members were asked to read the working document for the next Synod session in October with an eye to capturing themes, insights, and possible topics for consideration in preparation for our Advent Listening sessions.
- Fr. Grogan presented the hard copy version of the parish calendar for October. The calendar provides a month-at-a-glance format for activities planned each day of the week. Included on the calendar is a QR code which links to the website for more detailed information. On the back of the calendar are simple instructions on how to submit events to Fr. Grogan who will serve as the contact person. The calendar will be published on the 3rd or 4th Sunday of the month prior, so submitting events by the 15th of the month is advisable for the paper copy.
- PPC contributions for 2022-2023 were reviewed. They included surveys within our own and larger communities, a synthesis of data collected, 4 brainstorming sessions based on the synthesis of data, participation in Advent and Lenten listening sessions, development of a parish calendar, and spotlighting our ministries.
- The context for our focus for 2023-24 is on engaging with one another as members of the Body of Christ, ready and committed to be of service to one another in mercy, generosity, and compassion.
If you have any questions or would like to make any suggestions, please feel free to contact the Parish Pastoral Council at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact any of our council members.
There is a bulletin board at the entrance to the church with pictures of Pastoral Council members. Feel free to contact any of us. There is also a suggestion/comment box for your use.
We Asked & You Answered: DATA SYTHESIS
The Pastoral Council asked for feedback, and you shared your thoughts and ideas with us. Here’s what we heard and the steps we plan to take serve our parish and community.
May 8 Brainstorming Session (Community Partnership) with Zoom Link (Meeting Notes)
May 15 Brainstorming Session (Welcoming Committee) with Zoom Link (Meeting Notes
Meet the Pastoral Council Members that Serve Our Parish
For additional information, please email: parishpastoralcouncil@