HOSPITALITY WEEKEND TEAMS [on hold until further notice]
- There is a Hospitality Gathering after each Mass on the third weekend of the month: Saturday-after 5:00, Sunday after 9:00 and 11:00
- These gatherings provide time for people to gather, socialize, get to know each other and enjoy some refreshments.
- People on the three hospitality teams are responsible for set-up, clean-up, hosting, providing the food and beverages, and replenishing supplies as needed.
- Coordination with the other teams will allow supplies to be shared on the same weekend.
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS
- The Knights of Columbus meet once a month on the 1st Tuesday of the month.
- Catholic men must be 18 years of age to join this fraternal Catholic family organization.
- Women are involved through a Ladies Auxiliary.
- New, young members willing to be part of charitable endeavors are most welcome.
- Members support the Church: Pope, bishops, parishes, and those in need.
- Two examples of activities are an outing for disabled children in June and serving meals at St. John’s Hospice on Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Ladies Guild meets the first Friday of the month at 7pm on Zoom.
We encourage all women of the parish to join the Ladies Guild as dues-paying ($5.00) active members.
We brainstorm and execute events that raise monies for parish needs, grow the faithful, and create fellowship opportunities for all parishioners.
Contact email: email@example.com
- The Men’s Association meets the 4th Sunday of the month at 12:00 PM at the Holy Cross Church .
- Members raise funds and contribute time for special projects such as the ramp for accessibility to the church and the painting of the Holy Cross school classrooms.
- Through a variety of activities and events, the Men’s Association endeavors to bring our community together, to grow our presence in Mount Airy, and to serve those in need.
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SOCIAL JUSTICE CONCERNS
- For 2021-2022, the Social Justice Committee meets at 7:30 pm on zoom on the last Monday of September, November, January, March, and May.
- Areas of focus include: the environment; immigration; basic human needs; justice inequity; protection of all human life; training, education, and outreach; education, advocacy and action through the Stewards of Our Earth weekly column.
- Respect for all life encompasses many issues including right to life, mass incarceration, violence, care for the earth by preserving its resources and climate for future generations, capital punishment, educational opportunities, access to health care, and jobs with wages that allow people to support families and find adequate housing, to name a few.
- People who care about doing something in any social justice area can do much to proclaim by their actions the Good News of Jesus Christ!
Contact email: socialjustice@ holycrossphl.org
YOUNG AT HEART
- Young at Heart welcomes all retired senior people able to attend meetings during the day on the 2nd Monday of each month at 12:00 noon in the school library.
- Activities include Catholic prayer, speakers with topics for older adults, discussions, day trips, lunch, and bingo games.