HOSPITALITY WEEKEND TEAMS
- There is a Hospitality Gathering after each Mass on the third weekend of the month: Saturday-after 5:00, Sunday after 9:00 and 11:00
- These gatherings provide time for people to gather, socialize, get to know each other and enjoy some refreshments.
- People on the three hospitality teams are responsible for set-up, clean-up, hosting, providing the food and beverages, and replenishing supplies as needed.
- Coordination with the other teams will allow supplies to be shared on the same weekend.
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS
- The Knights of Columbus meet once a month on the 1st Tuesday of the month.
- Catholic men must be 18 years of age to join this fraternal Catholic family organization.
- Women are involved through a Ladies Auxiliary.
- New, young members willing to be part of charitable endeavors are most welcome.
- Members support the Church: Pope, bishops, parishes, and those in need.
- Two examples of activities are an outing for disabled children in June and serving meals at St. John’s Hospice on Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Ladies Guild meets the Third Monday of the month at 7:00 pm in the rectory, 154 E. Mt Airy Ave.
- All women of the parish are encouraged to join the Ladies Guild as dues paying ($5.00) active members.
- Members brainstorm and execute fun family, church and community events that raise monies for parish needs, grow the faithful, and create fellowship opportunities for all parishioners.
Contact email: email@example.com
- The Men’s Association meets the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7:00 PM at the Holy Cross Church Library.
- Members raise funds and contribute time for special projects such as the ramp for accessibility to the church and the painting of the Holy Cross school classrooms.
- Through a variety of activities and events, the Men’s Association endeavors to bring our community together, to grow our presence in Mount Airy, and to serve those in need.
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SOCIAL JUSTICE CONCERNS
- Pope Francis has reminded us that at the center of our Catholic faith is the responsibility to care for the dignity of all life, with a special regard for those who lack the basic necessities of life.
- Respect for all life encompasses many issues including right to life, mass incarceration, violence, care for the earth by preserving its resources and climate for future generations, capital punishment, educational opportunities, access to health care, and jobs with wages that allow people to support families and find adequate housing, to name a few.
- People who care about doing something in any social justice area can do much to proclaim by their actions the Good News of Jesus Christ!
Contact email: email@example.com
YOUNG AT HEART
- Young at Heart welcomes all retired senior people able to attend meetings during the day on the 2nd Monday of each month at 12:00 noon in the school library.
- The next meeting will be Monday, September 12. 2016.
- Activities include Catholic prayer, speakers with topics for older adults, discussions, day trips, lunch, and bingo games.