We adore you, O Christ, and we bless you, because by your HOLY CROSS you have redeemed the world!
Latest News: Online Mass available for May 31, Pentecost Sunday.
- Statement of U.S. Bishop Chairmen in Wake of Death of George Floyd and National Protests (5/30/2020) - May 29, 2020 WASHINGTON – Seven U.S. bishop chairmen of committees within the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops have issued a statement in the wake of the death of Mr. George Floyd and the protests which have broken out in Minneapolis and in other cities in the United States. Bishop Shelton J. Fabre of Houma-Thibodaux, […]
- Statement of Most Reverend Nelson J. Pérez Regarding the Death of George Floyd (5/30/2020) - May 29, 2020 The hearts of Americans across the country are joined together in collective mourning following the tragic, disturbing, and unnecessary death of George Floyd. In the name of the people of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, I express my prayerful condolences and join with all who are struggling to cope with this heavy burden […]
- MUST READ! The Archdiocese of Philadelphia has released a set of directives for re-opening the churches of the diocese (5/27/2020) - The Archdiocese of Philadelphia has released a set of directives for re-opening the churches of the diocese (obviously including Holy Cross). The information is attached here. Directives-Restricted-Period-5-27.pdf I’m going to recommend that you tune in to a recorded edition of a webinar hosted by our Office for Divine Worship here, for a very fine presentation […]
- Holy Cross Parish Re-Opening on Weekend of June 6th & 7th (5/27/2020) - I know that you have heard by now that this is the last weekend of our exile. We’re moving forward with plans to re-open on the weekend of June 6 & 7. We anticipate that our part of the commonwealth of Pennsylvania will enter the “Yellow” stage at midnight on June 5, and we will be […]
- Archbishop Pérez announces Masses to resume weekend of June 6th. (5/22/2020) - Statement from the Archdiocese of Philadelphia Regarding the Projected Resumption of the Public Celebration of Mass in the Five-County Region: In mid-March, the celebration of public Mass was suspended in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia and the obligation for the faithful to attend Mass was dispensed. Those decisions were not made lightly and were always intended […]