Focus Questions: Is there anything that we might be doing to increase fellowship? Expand our reach beyond our walls?
The following is a sample of what we heard in categories outlined by the Diversity/Hospitality Task Force.
Evangelization (Missionary: Focus is on sharing one’s Faith – not )
- Organize a refreshment stand and/ or table in Chestnut Hill to talk and exchange ideas regarding questions on Faith
- Have a parish group of various ages spend a week on a Missionary Experience, g., building houses, etc.
- Annual Parish Picnic – set up two areas for Hospitality – some tables in front of church; more tables and kids’ games in the back parking lot; advertise as a Feast Day Mass and Parish All Are Welcome!
- Idea: Greeter welcomes everyone and tries to get to know everyone’s first name.
- Opinion: Please don’t ask if anybody’s new. “Haves and Have Nots” – not the idea. You’re doing well, doing a good job without fanfare either way.
- Can we advertise Social Sunday more? Attendance has been going down; bring a person to Hospitality Sunday
- Ladies Guild: Needs a commercial freezer and refrigerator to hold items used for our Parish gatherings
- We can be bigger than these four walls. LGBT are a significant part of the local community. Where are they?
- What can we do outside the walls? Inform non-Catholics of the activities in our parish.
- Beyond our walls. Can a sign be put out to invite passersby to come in for a bit?
- Post an article in the CH Local. (Cost of an article was commented on.}
- Promote/Advertise: East Mt. Airy Neighbors/West Mt. Airy Neighbors/Mt. Airy local, etc.
- Special connection with Enon Baptist Church
- Great ideas to get people here: Voter registration; Sunday Vaccinations; Health screening.
- We have no connection with the Germantown Jewish Center; we are in a very Jewish neighborhood.
- ESL tutoring; ask Realtors for names of new people in the neighborhood
- Empty Bowl Program; Possibilities for larger community- Potluck; Soup Nights with the Lent Program
- Speaker Series: Specifically Catholic – controlled topics; social subjects and issues; people finding alternatives to online discussion groups
- Making multi-cultural celebrations a part of our parish and embrace each other’s culture
- Suppers with different ethnic groups
- Have a person coordinate the food (Hospitality Sun.): vary menu; dietary restrictions, if it’s all chocolate- not good
- Plan for: Bridge; Game Nights; Movies
- Need small child sized furniture in the church meeting room for children during the Socials
- Connect with nearby colleges: Arcadia College Community, etc.
- Bible Sharing Group/ Theology on Tap Series
- How can we get young people engaged?
- How can we become attractive to young people? CYO?
- Mentorship of children allows us to address immediate needs. Offering our presence; we carry hospitality with us.
- Reach out to the needs of the youth – reach out to Lisa Ruffin at Pleasant Playground
Back to Adult Faith Formation