Duties of Service Ministries
- Conduct outreach to One Warm Coat organizers in September of each year
- Coordinate with St. Vincent Society, Salvation Army, Career Wardrobe, other Thrift stores
- Create a referral process / voucher so persons needing clothes can access them
- Develop list of volunteer parishioners with trades skills such as maintenance, landscape, design
- Work with pastor to develop a schedule for facility items needing immediate care
- Assist in preparing the properties for sale, distribution and relocation of items
FLOWER / CLEANING COMMITTEE
- The Flower Committee meets Saturdays at 9 a.m.
- Plan the flower arrangement themes, purchase flowers, create flower arrangements
- Upkeep planters at front and side entrances to church
- Straighten out books in pews and change votive lights (small and large)
- Clean bathroom
- Maintain a well-stocked food pantry according to state and local health department requirements
- Prepare and distribute a week’s worth of groceries to persons / households needing food
- Advertise the existence of the Holy Cross Food Pantry, including hours and location
- The Ladies Guild meets the fourth Tuesday of the month (except July and August) at 6:30 p.m.
- Encourage all women of the parish to join the Ladies Guild as dues paying ($5.00) active members
- Brainstorm and execute events that raise monies for parish needs, grow the faithful, and create fellowship opportunities for all parishioners
- Contact- email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 267-225-5307
- The Men’s Association meets the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7:00 p.m in the Holy Cross Church library.
- Raise funds and contribute time for special projects such as the ramp for accessibility to the church and the painting of the Holy Cross school classrooms
- Through a variety of activities and events, endeavor to bring our community together, to grow our presence in Mount Airy and serve those in need
- Develop list of those parishioners needing a ride to the Masses
- Develop list of those parishioners offering to provide a ride
- Organize ride shares for each weekend Mass and holy days of obligation
- Consult with school personnel to assess tutoring needs
- Recruit volunteers for requested subjects
- Develop tutoring schedule during school year
Other ministries you will be hearing about in the coming weeks….
Religious Education * Evangelization * Finance * Pastoral * Social Justice